One of the best things you can do for yourself or for someone you love when sick is to make them a healthy soup. This Cabbage and Carrot Soup Recipe for Flu Season is an excellent remedy for anyone suffering from colds, coughs, flu, sore throats, or any other bacterial or viral infection.
Read Our Complete Report on How to Have Optimal Health
Enjoy All of Our Articles on Health Over 50
Cabbage and Carrot Soup Recipe for Flu Season
- Large Pot
- Hand Juicer
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped
- 1 ea onion chopped
- 1 bulb garlic chopped
- 3 ea medium carrots chopped
- 3 ea pieces of celery chopped
- 6 tbsp ginger grated
- 1/4 cup yellow miso powder
- 2 quarts water filtered
- 1 ea juice of fresh lemon or lime squeezed
- Boil the vegetables in the pot until tender (approx. 30 minutes), then add ginger and garlic and boil another 5 minutes.
- After vegetables are tender from boiling, throw chunky soup into blender with miso and lemon or lime juice. Blend to make a smoother consistency soup.
- Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon or lime juice into the bowl. And for an added boost, add some crushed garlic to the top of the bowl