Mashed potatoes are a great side dish. The problem is that some potatoes have starch which is hard on the digestive system. If you have digestive problems or want to avoid them you'll love this Healthy Mashed Potatoes recipe.
Read Our Comprehensive Report on How to Have Optimal Health
Enjoy All of Our Articles on Health Over 50
Healthy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Large Knife
- Medium Pot
- Hand Juicer
- 6 ea medium red potatoes
- 1-2 ea cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- sauerkraut optional
- parsley or chives garnish
- Chop up potatoes and place in pot. Add water to cover and bring to a boil. Cook until tender.
- Mash potatoes, then add in coconut oil, garlic, onion, and lemon. Mash again to mix-in ingredients.
- Add in sauerkraut last, if desired.
- Top with sea salt, pepper, parsley, chives, and any other herbs you desire.