We all LOVE PIZZA. But let's replace the unhealthy and low-quality ingredients found in most pizzas with healthy ingredients that aid our digestive system and that are gut healthy. Here's a great healthy pizza recipe!
Read Our Comprehensive Report on How to Have Optimal Health
Enjoy All of Our Articles on Health Over 50
Healthy Pizza Recipe for Guilt-Free Enjoyment
- Good Quality Blender
- 12-inch Skillet
- Large Spatula
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 medium tomato
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 large pitted dates
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian dressing
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- veggies such as broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives as desired
- daiya, feta or goat cheese as desired
- Place quinoa in a bowl and put in enough water to cover. Let it soak for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Take large, 12-inch skillet and brush with oil. Place in oven to preheat.
- Drain the quinoa and rinse thoroughly, then place in blender.
- Add most of the water and seasonings and blend. Add more water as needed until batter resembles that of pancakes.
- Once the oven is heated, pull out the skillet and pour the batter onto it and quickly spread it out evenly across the bottom. Place back in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until underside is well browned and starting to crisp.
- Use a large spatula and carefully flip the crust.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, and pull out of the oven.
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes for 2 hours and then drain.
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
Add Sauce and Toppings to Crust
- Add sauce to top of pizza crust and spread evenly with spatula.
- Add veggies, organic chicken breast, other toppings as desired.
- Add daiya, feta, or goat cheese on top, if desired.
- Put back in oven for additional 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- If you make a number of pizza crusts in advance, this healthy pizza recipe can be enjoyed in a matter of minutes, at lunch or dinner