Please don't eat microwave popcorn. The bags are known to have carcinogens in the lining which is bad enough. And then microwaving it leaches the toxins into the popcorn. The FDA has banned many of the toxins first used in the bags but since new packaging material has been introduced and according to Healthline.com, "little is known about the safety of these chemicals".
Why use SPROUTED kernels in a healthy popcorn recipe? It's all about your gut. Popcorn is hard to digest but it's a great healthy, low-calorie snack. Sprouted anything helps your gut process that food easier. So go SPROUTED!! Your tummy will be happy you did.
This homemade healthy popcorn recipe makes the best popcorn you've ever tasted!
Read Our Complete Report on How to Have Optimal Health
Enjoy All of Our Articles on Health Over 50
Homemade Healthy Popcorn
- wok, covered pot, or covered pan
- 2/3 cup sprouted, organic popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp grassfed butter
- sea salt to taste
- onion powder to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Pour kernels into the wok or pan. Lay butter on top of kernels. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Heat to medium/high and cover the wok/pan
- When kernels begin to pop shake the pan back and forth periodically. The faster the kernels pop the more you shake the pan.
- Once the popping stops turn off the burner and remove the wok/pan.
- Remove the cover from the pan to let steam escape. CAUTION: Very Hot!
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Add more sea salt to taste.
- Sprinkle with onion salt to taste. (I use a lot!)
- Lightly sprinkle with pepper. (Too much can ruin the flavor)