Sugar-free Ketchup Recipe
Ketchup is a staple in millions of homes across the world. It complements popular food like fries and burgers. The problem is the amount of sugar in store-bought ketchup and the poor combination of the sugar with vinegar. This homemade ketchup recipe will be great for your taste buds and your gut too!
- Medium Saucepan
- 2 3/4 cups plain organic tomato puree
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp stevia powder
- Simmer all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes or until the mixture begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid, allowing steam to escape.
- Continue to cook and stir occasionally for 30 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Pour into a glass jar or container and store in the refridgerator. Use within 2 weeks, or freeze it if you like.
Derek Henry is the Founder of Healing the Body and the THRIVE Online Health Program. He educates, coaches, and inspires thousands of others to transform their health through a natural and holistic approach. To date, he has helped his THRIVE participants heal over 20 different chronic disease conditions, making it one of the most successful health programs in the world. To learn more visit HealingtheBody.ca